- Saint Louis University, Bachelor of Science, Nutrition & Dietetics
- Saint Louis University, Master of Science, Medical Dietetics with a pediatric nutrition emphasis
- Dietetic Internship, Saint Louis University
- Registered Dietitian by Commission on Dietetic Registration (RDN)
- Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist by the State of Missouri (LDN)
- Owner of Fruitful Nutrition LLC freelance writing business
- Freelance writer for Happiest Baby, and others
- Community Dietitian, Family Care Health Centers
- Outpatient Dietitian, Mercy Autism and Therapy Center
“No matter how old, involve your little ones in the joys of cooking in the kitchen and you might be surprised by the wonderful memories (and messes) you can create together!”
Gabrielle “Gaby” McPherson, RDN is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and freelance writer with 8 years of experience in the health and wellness industry.
She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and completed her dietetic internship at St. Louis University.
She also earned a Master of Science degree from St. Louis University with a concentration in pediatric nutrition.
Gaby began her dietetics career as a community dietitian at a family health center in St. Louis, Missouri. She spent several years working with underserved communities and had great opportunities to serve families of many different backgrounds with prenatal and postpartum nutrition, infant and childhood nutrition, breastfeeding, and chronic disease management.
Her other responsibilities were teaching the diabetes classes, overseeing outside speakers to help her fellow coworkers stay up on the latest and greatest nutrition trends and creating social media posts.
Gaby also spent time working at an autism and therapy center for young children where she helped counsel families on how to handle food aversions, food allergies, and severe picky eating.
She’s no stranger to the unconventional route, Gaby transitioned to a career in health writing and content creation.
She now works as a full-time freelance writer, specializing in evidence-based health and nutrition articles, as well as creating engaging content for health brands. Her clients have been Healthline, Ovia Health, Happiest Baby, Once Upon a Farm, EatingWell, and more.
When she’s not writing, Gaby spends her free time dancing to the Encanto soundtrack with her beautiful, bubbly, and bright four-year-old.