- MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation (MSCI), Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
Credentials and Licensure
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Licensed physician, Tennessee
- Nearly 30 years in direct patient care
- Former President, Nashville Preventive Cardiology, PLLC
- Current President, LastSky Writing, LLC
- 25 years of experience as a medical writer, reviewer, and consultant
Yasmine S. Ali, MD, MSCI, FACC, FACP currently serves on the medical review board for WellnessVerge. Dr. Ali is a board-certified cardiologist, clinical lipidologist, and internist with nearly 30 years of experience in direct patient care and 25 years of experience in medical writing, editing, and reviewing.
Her career has focused on prevention of cardiovascular disease. Her medical writing expertise spans the spectrum from health blogging and creation of consumer health content, to continuing medical education (CME) for physicians and allied healthcare professionals, to assisting global healthcare companies in regulatory and medical affairs.
Dr. Ali has served as a medical reviewer and advisor for numerous consumer health sites, including Verywell Health and HealthCentral.
Dr. Ali is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP).
She is a longtime member of the American Heart Association, the National Lipid Association, the American Medical Association, and the Tennessee Medical Association.
She is also a member of the American Medical Writers Association and of the Authors Guild.
In addition to her medical writing, Dr. Ali is an award-winning essayist in creative nonfiction.
Her first nonfiction book, Walk Through Fire: The Train Disaster That Changed America, a history of the Waverly Train Disaster of 1978, is scheduled to be released from Kensington/Citadel in Spring 2023.