- B.S. South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, Food Science and Human Nutrition
- M.S. South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, Human Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
Credentials and Licensure
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Licensed Nutritionist (LN), South Dakota
- Owner, Dakota Dietitians
- Scientific and Technical Writer, HerbClip Education Service of the American Botanical Council
- Nutrition Writer, Healthline Media, Inc.
- Food and Supplement Formulation Writer, Underwriter Laboratories
- Continuing Education Unit Editor, OnCourse Learning
- Nutrition Writer, STACK Media, Inc.
- Health and Wellness Writer, Leaf Group
- Sports Supplement Formulator, Supra Nutrition
- Dietitian Consultant, Max Muscle
“Exercise and nutrition are health care. By regularly exercising — incorporating both weightlifting and aerobic or cardio exercise — and eating a minimally processed and varied diet, you can stave off disease or better manage current diseases, support healthy aging, and improve your mental health.”
Gavin P. Van De Walle obtained his master's degree in human nutrition and exercise physiology, during which, he researched the impact of nitrate supplementation on exercise performance and published in findings in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
After completing his master's degree, he completed an entrepreneurship-focused dietetic internship and later became credentialed as a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN).
During this journey, Gavin started Dakota Dietitians, a consulting company that provides dietitian services for various settings, including long-term care, home health care, and addiction treatment centers, among others, across South Dakota and neighboring states.
In addition to overseeing the daily operation of Dakota Dietitians, Gavin writes evidence-based nutrition content for a variety of websites and trade organizations. He specializes in writing about sports nutrition, dietary supplements, men's health, and healthy aging.
In his free time, Gavin can be found in the gym, educating himself on real estate and stocks, or spending time with his wife, Stephanie, and dogs, Huxley and Harvey.