Nutrafol Review: A Hair Supplement Worth Considering
Medically Reviewed by Natalie Olsen, MS, RDN, LD, ACSM-EP
Last Updated on August 18, 2022
Nutrafol is an over-the-counter hair growth nutraceutical backed by several clinical trials. Whether you are actively losing hair or just looking to protect your hair from future damage, Nutrafol may be promising.
Whether you were born with thin hair or are currently experiencing hair thinning, there may be a way to support thicker hair growth in as little as six months.
Hormone changes, genetics, age, poor nutrition, and even daily stress impact your hair’s health. (3)
And while eating a well-balanced diet that contains adequate vitamins and minerals is critical, there may be an additional way to boost your growth and hair care.
This article will review how Nutrafol works, the scientific evidence behind its product lines, safety considerations, and other important elements to help you decide whether it’s appropriate for addressing your hair wellness.
Nutrafol by Nutraceutical Wellness, Inc is an over-the-counter clinically tested hair growth nutraceutical targeting whole-body wellness and underlying issues of hair thinning.
The products are physician formulated to support different life stages, including postpartum and menopause.
Research shows that factors that affect overall health such as hormonal changes and nutritional deficiencies, can profoundly impact your hair growth cycle, leading to thinning hair. (3)
Nutrafol has four targeted formulas:
- Nutrafol Women: Best for women ages 18–44.
- Nutrafol Women’s Balance: Intended for individuals in the menopausal stage of life.
- Nutrafol Postpartum: Designed for the time after birth.
- Nutrafol Men: Ideal for men 18 years and older.
These formulas can be customized with their hair wellness boosters and scalp solution.
A highlight of Nutrafol’s products is their extensive published clinical research, which is backed by four clinical trials. However, the clinical trials were company sponsored.
For example, in a small study involving 26 women, Nutrafol’s Women supplement led to more new growth and longer, thicker hair after six months. (4)
Women in the trial also reported 80% better hair growth, 80% thicker hair, and a 73% improved growth rate. (4)
Nutrafol Women’s Balance product underwent a menopause trial involving 30 women.
In the trial, 100% of the women reported improvement in hair growth after nine months, 76% reported thicker hair after six months, and 80% saw less shedding after three months. (5)
Finally, both the Men and Women’s products underwent an ethnic hair study. The study aimed to test Nutrafol’s effectiveness for men and women of different ethnic backgrounds.
At week 24, this is what the men and women participating in the study reported: (6)
- 83.7% of the men and 79.5% of the women reported significant improvement in hair growth, coverage, and density.
- 84% saw thicker and stronger hair with less breakage.
- 81% of the men saw more scalp coverage.
These clinical trials prove Nutrafol’s product line to be effective and safe.
Nutrafol has been recognized for its Synergen Complex and proprietary blend that target the root causes of hair thinning.
Nutrafol’s products have undergone thorough clinical research. Studies have proven Nutrafol to be safe and effective in improving hair growth and decreasing shedding and breakage.
According to Nutrafol’s clinical trials, when taken daily, Nutrafol hair growth supplements lead to thicker, stronger hair by combating hair growth root causes such as:
Below we’ll discuss the six points that contribute to hair loss and how Nutrafol’s product lines play a role in addressing it.
Stress-Related Hair Loss
Nutrafol’s product line includes an extensive list of botanicals, vitamins, and minerals that may balance stress hormones and help to alleviate the impact of stress on your body and hair.
A 2020 report found that stress has significantly increased over the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic. (7)
Research tells us that the stress hormone, cortisol, affects the function and cyclic regulation of the hair follicle. (8)
Our hair follicles grow in three phases: (9)
- Anagen Phase: The active stage of hair growth.
- Catagen Phase: The transitional stage between growth and rest. This is when the outer part of the hair attaches to the root.
- Telogen Phase: The resting stage of the hair before shedding.
Long-term stress, or a stressful event such as surgery or childbirth, can push your hair into the telogen phase, leading to excessive shedding and hair loss.
One of the ingredients is ashwagandha, found in Nutrafol’s Women, Women’s Balance, and Men supplements.
While ashwagandha is not recommended for breastfeeding women, Nutrafol’s Postpartum supplement contains shatavari.
Research has shown that shatavari may reduce physical and emotional stress. (11)
Finally, Nutrafol’s Postpartum supplement contains DHA omega-3, which has potent effects in decreasing inflammation and cortisol levels.
However, the amount shown to improve these levels is much higher than what is contained in the Nutrafol supplement. (14)
Nutrafol’s supplements may effectively target stress-induced hair loss when combined with a healthy lifestyle.
Hormones Impacting Hair Growth
Nutrafol’s product line contains specific ingredients such as maca, saw palmetto, and stinging nettle, which may assist in balancing hormones and DHT.
Genetics, lifestyle, and age play a role in how hormones affect hair loss in men and women.
Research has found that a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT) may shrink hair follicles, leading to hair loss and male pattern baldness, as well as hair loss in women. (15)
In a small study of 40 men, researchers found that supplementation of saw palmetto over six months reduced DHT levels by 32%. (16)
Additionally, research in animal models has found the same DHT-lowering effect in stinging nettle, the herb present in Nutrafol’s Postpartum supplement. (17)
Finally, maca is added to the Women’s Balanced blend to provide additional hormone support during the menopausal and postmenopausal stages.
Depending on your life stage, one of Nutrafol’s supplements may be supportive in diminishing the effects of hormone imbalances on your hair health.
Lifestyle and Hair Shedding
Lifestyle factors such as exposure to toxins, heavy metals, UV rays, pollution, and plastics can lead to increased oxidative stress in the body.
Oxidative stress refers to an imbalance of free radicals and antioxidant defenses in the body. If left in a state of imbalance, free radicals can cause damage to the body, such as increased hair loss. (20)
All Nutrafol’s blends contain Tocotrienol Complex, a concentrated form of vitamin E.
Research has shown that vitamin E is highly involved in the antioxidant balance and helps to protect against free-radical damage. (21)
Additionally, Nutafol’s blends contain curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, and apple polyphenols. Both are rich sources of antioxidants that may aid in combating free radical damage and hair loss. (22, 23)
When combined with a healthy lifestyle and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, Nutrafol’s supplements may combat hair loss associated with free radical damage.
Metabolism and Hair Health
Thyroid imbalances, dysregulated hormones, poor diet, and aging are some circumstances that may affect the efficiency of the metabolism.
Nutrafol’s product line contains an extensive ingredient list that may support metabolic function, including iodine-rich sea kelp minerals. (26)
Iodine supports healthy thyroid function and regulates metabolism. (27)
When combined with a healthy lifestyle, Nutrafol’s supplements may aid in supporting metabolic function to provide the energy your body needs to grow healthy hair.
Nutrient Deficiency-Related Hair Loss
Deficiencies of vitamins and minerals are associated with hair thinning, damage, and loss. (21)
Additionally, poor intake of macronutrients such as protein may cause the body to slow hair growth to preserve protein stores. (29)
The blends also contain marine collagen peptides sustainably sourced from wild-caught codfish. Research has found that ingestion of collagen peptides may increase collagen synthesis. (30)
When combined with a well-balanced diet, Nutrafol’s supplements may help address nutrient gaps to combat nutrient deficiency-related hair loss and increase hair regrowth.
Aging-Related Hair Loss
Aging-related hair loss may be related to hormone changes, diet, stress, and the natural aging of our cells. While aging may be inevitable, there are ways to support your hair through the process.
Research reports that as we age, we produce less collagen. (32)
Nutrafol’s marine collagen peptides may help replenish essential amino acids to support healthy hair growth.
Nutrafol’s addition of antioxidant-rich sources, such as resveratrol, may provide protective support to the body, helping to diminish the effects of stress and free radical damage. (33)
Researchers have found increased free radical damage in the scalp of patients with balding. (34)
Finally, as previously mentioned, Nutrafol’s Women’s Balance product is targeted toward individuals going through the menopausal years.
Specialized ingredients, such as maca, saw palmetto, and stinging nettle, may be supportive in balancing hormones and decreasing hormone-related hair loss. (35)
Nutrafol’s supplements may help address aging-related hair loss alongside a healthy lifestyle.
Nutrafol’s product line offers four different supplements:
- Women: Designed for women ages 18-44, includes collagen to support hair quality.
- Women’s Balance: Designed to support hormone imbalance, includes vitamins A, C, D, biotin, and zinc.
- Postpartum: Formulated for women after childbirth, designed to support postpartum hair loss.
- Men: Targets male pattern baldness, with ingredients such as saw palmetto.
Nutrafol Women has been formulated to improve hair growth, thickness, and strength. The formula is recommended for women ages 18 to 44.
The supplement contains marine collagen peptides. Collagen is a critical protein in the body responsible for the structure of your hair, skin, bones, and teeth.
Intake of collagen may improve collagen stores within the body by enhancing collagen synthesis. (31)
Furthermore, the product is formulated to combat hair loss triggers such as stress and nutrition. The blend contains maca, saw palmetto, curcumin, and ashwagandha, supporting healthy stress levels.
Clinical research has shown ashwagandha to mitigate the effects of stress on the body. (36)
Additionally, studies have found that supplements containing maca, saw palmetto, and curcumin can benefit hair growth by decreasing stress within the hair follicle. (35)
Nutrafol Women supplement contains a comprehensive blend of clinically proven ingredients to support hair growth. If you are looking to target the various root causes of hair loss, such as stress, nutrition, and lifestyle, then this may be an excellent option.
Nutrafol Women’s Balance
Nutrafol Women’s Balance targets hair health by combating hormone-related hair loss.
The product is designed for women who are 45 years or older and experiencing the transition into menopause or who are currently in menopause.
Women’s Balance includes a comprehensive blend of vitamins such as A, C, D, and biotin, which are critical for optimal hair growth and health.
The blend also contains vitamin E, which is a potent antioxidant that may defend against stress and aging-related hair loss. (37)
If you are looking for an effective option to decrease the effects of hormone-related hair loss, Nutrafol Women’s Balance may be a good choice.
Nutrafol Postpartum is intended for the period after giving birth.
Postpartum hormone changes, such as a sharp decrease in estrogen and progesterone, may play a role in postpartum hair loss.
Nutrafol Postpartum is designed to support full-body recovery after birth, combat stress, and decrease the effects of hormone-related hair loss.
The supplement contains theanine, an amino acid clinically shown to decrease stress. (39)
The formula also includes shatavari, an herb from the asparagus family. Research has shown it may improve hormonal imbalances and lower the effects of stress on the body. (40)
Lowering stress is not only critical for overall health, but it is also an essential part of supporting the phases of hair growth.
In addition to the stress-lowering ingredients, the supplement contains key ingredients to support postpartum recovery, such as vitamin C, A, D, B vitamins, and omega-3s.
Nutrafol Postpartum is an excellent choice for individuals looking to support new hair growth after birth. It is also safe for breastfeeding.
Nutrafol Men targets excess hair shedding and thinning in men.
It is ideal for individuals who need extra support addressing the root causes of hair loss related to stress, toxins, nutrition, lifestyle, and hormones.
The supplement contains key ingredients such as ashwagandha and saw palmetto to target stress-related hair loss. It also contains resveratrol, a potent antioxidant, to protect against environmental stress and toxins.
The comprehensive blend contains vitamins A, C, and D, minerals, and amino acids to promote whole-body health and address nutrition gaps that may lead to hair loss.
If you are looking for additional support in improving your hair growth and thickness, Nutrafol Men may be a great choice.
Nutrafol has Boosters and Scalp Support alongside their targeted formula line and offers free consults from naturopathic doctors.
Nutrafol Boosters include:
- Stress Adaptogens
- Hairbiotic (a probiotic)
- Collagen Infusion
- Hormone Support
- Liver Support
- Vitamin B Booster
The Scalp Support includes topical treatments such as:
- Growth Activator: Aswaghanda hair serum.
- Root Purifier: A scalp shampoo to remove dead skin cells and create an optimal environment for healthy hair follicles.
- Build-Up Blocker: Ideal for individuals with oily hair or those who use styling products.
- Stress Reliever: Ideal for combating a dry, itchy scalp, which may be brought on by dehydration and a high-stress environment.
- Hair in Balance: A travel kit, great for on-the-go.
Nutrafol’s booster product line is well-rounded and includes an impressive list of ingredients targeted to treat conditions such as gut health, liver detoxification, and stress.
Furthermore, B vitamins, specifically vitamin B12 and folate, play a critical role in hair production. (21)
Nutrafol’s Vitamin B Booster may help ensure adequate intake of B vitamins.
Additionally, the Hairbiotic can improve hair health and growth by supporting nutrient transport to the hair follicles. (41)
If you find yourself needing additional support, Liver Support and Hormone Support may combat environmental and hormone-related hair loss, ensuring a healthy environment for hair growth.
Finally, the Collagen Boost provides an extra boost of collagen, an important amino acid needed to build keratin, the protein that makes up the hair.
While these boosters may help you increase your intake of specific supportive nutrients, they are not required. You can take Nutrafol supplements without the boosters and still have healthier hair.
To know if the boosters will benefit you, Nutrafol provides a Hair Wellness Evaluation to determine your personalized “Growth Plan.” The plan is curated exclusively for you and your hair’s needs based on their assessment of your answers.
If you need extra support for your hair, these boosters can be helpful.
The boosters are not sold separately and are included as duos with the various Nutrafol supplements.
Finally, Nutrafol goes beyond what most supplement brands do. They offer the support of naturopathic doctors to guide you through your hair growth process.
Naturopathic doctors (NDs) are licensed healthcare professionals specializing in holistic medicine.
The doctor consults are offered free with their one-month, three-month, and six-month subscription service.
While you are not required to take the boosters to see benefits, they are a great addition when extra support is needed. Additionally, the guidance of a naturopathic doctor goes beyond what most supplement companies provide.
Nutrafol is suitable for most individuals. One of the four hair growth formulas should be appropriate to meet your needs depending on your stage of life.
The supplement requires four capsules a day, every day.
Nutrafol’s products are made without gluten, dairy, soy, hormones, drugs, and artificial additives. They are also Non-GMO.
If you are experiencing thinning hair, excess shedding, and breakage, Nutrafol may be helpful for you.
Finally, even if you are not currently losing hair, you can take Nutrafol to protect your hair from future damage.
Nutrafol is not recommended to anyone under the age of 18.
Also, is it not appropriate for anyone who is pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
It is best to wait and supplement with the Postpartum supplement after birth. This supplement is safe for breastfeeding.
Finally, if you are on prescription medications, specifically blood-thinning drugs, consult with your physician before taking Nutrafol.
Nutrafol is available online for purchase at nutrafol.com and on Amazon. Pricing options vary depending on if boosters are added to your purchase.
If you purchase the supplements only, pricing is as follows:
- One-Time Purchase: $88 (one-time delivery of a one-month supply)
- Monthly Delivery: $79 (a 1-month supply + free doctor consults)
- Three-Month Delivery: $224 (refills delivered every three months + free doctor consults)
- Six-Month Delivery: $422 (refills delivered every six months + free doctor consults)
If you purchase supplements with wellness boosters, pricing is as follows:
- One-Time Purchase: $110 (one-time delivery of a one-month supply)
- Monthly Delivery: $98 (a 1-month supply + free doctor consults)
- Three-Month Delivery: $280 (refills delivered every three months + free doctor consults)
You can pause or cancel your subscription at any time.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product in its original packaging and get a full refund or exchange up to 30 days from purchase.
While the pricing is higher than other hair growth formulas on the market, the clinically researched formulas, alongside free doctor consults, add significant value.
Viviscal’s hair growth supplement promises to combat hair loss by providing vital nutrients to the hair follicles.
According to their clinical trials, the hair supplement leads to stronger, thicker hair within six months. (42)
Compared to Nutrafol, Viviscal does not offer specific supplements based on gender or life phases, such as postpartum or menopause.
Viviscal does not offer free doctor consults, boosters, or scalp support.
The ingredient list is comprehensive and includes clinically researched ingredients to support hair growth, such as biotin, vitamin c, iron, and AminoMar.
AminoMar is a trademarked ingredient of Viviscal that includes marine protein molecules and silica, a mineral to support hair growth from within.
Viviscal offers one product with a few purchase options.
For one-time delivery:
- One-Month Supply: $33.99, excluding the cost of shipping
- Three-Month Supply: $101.97, excluding the cost of shipping
For auto-shipment of a three-month supply:
- 30-Day Billing: $33.33 per month
- 90-Day Billing: $99.99 every three months
You will receive free shipping on auto-ship and orders over $110.
Finally, if you are not satisfied with your product, Viviscal offers a 90-day money-back guarantee on all purchases made directly through their website.
While Viviscal is most comparable to Nutrafol, it does not offer specific formulas based on gender, life stages, or doctor consults. However, the products are lower in price and have clinically-shown results within six months.
Moon Juice SuperHair
MoonJuice SuperHair is a popular vegan hair supplement on the market.
Moon Juice’s main ingredients include:
- Saw palmetto
- Horsetail extract
- A blend of vitamins, including Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K
While these nutrients may support hair growth, there have not been any clinical studies to support MoonJuice’s claims.
MoonJuice is less expensive than Nutrafol. However, they do not offer doctor consults or boosters.
Purchase options include:
- One-Time Purchase: $60 for a one-month supply
- Monthly Subscription: $54 recurring monthly charge
You may cancel your subscription, and refunds are available for items purchased within the last 30 days.
MoonJuice’s ingredient list is impressive. However, it is difficult to speak to the accuracy of the claims without supporting clinical research.
If you are looking for a vegan product, and the price works within your budget, MoonJuice may be an appropriate supplement to address nutrient needs to support hair growth.
There is no research to back the claims of MoonJuice’s hair supplement. However, the product costs less than Nutrafol, and it is vegan, which may be attractive to some.
|Regular Price||$88 for 30-day supply||$33.99 for 30-day supply||$60 for 30-day supply|
|Discounted or Subscription Price||$79 for 30-day supply||$33.33 monthly billing for 90-day supply||$54 for 30-day supply|
|Shipping||Free shipping||Free shipping on orders over $110 and on auto-ship||Free shipping on order over $50|
|Returns||30-day money back||90-day money back||30-day money back|
Additional Alternative to Nutrafol: Rogaine
Rogaine is a well-known, FDA-approved hair growth treatment for both men and women.
Unlike Nutrafol, it is not a vitamin supplement. Instead, Rogaine is made from the drug Minoxidil.
Minoxidil is classified as a vasodilator. It opens blood vessels to allow blood to flow more efficiently and treats conditions such as high blood pressure when taken orally.
In the treatment for hair loss, Rogaine is applied topically and promotes blood flow to the hair follicle, promoting hair growth.
In clinical trials, both men and women increased their hair count after using Rogaine, with results typically seen by four months of usage. (43)
Rogaine is a safe product with few side effects, such as a dry and itchy scalp, and no known drug interactions with oral medications.
However, it is always best to check with your physician before beginning treatment, and it is not recommended if pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you are looking for a topical treatment without vitamins and minerals, Rogaine may be a good choice for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take Nutrafol if I am not currently losing my hair?
Even if you're not actively losing your hair, you can supplement with Nutrafol to protect your hair's resilience. Nutrafol's products boost antioxidants and combat stress, the ingredients have been clinically proven to improve hair growth and quality.
Are there side effects to taking Nutrafol?
No. Nutrafol products are made using all-natural ingredients and contain no drugs. The clinical studies report no side effects as well.
Will Nutrafol grow unwanted hair on any other parts of my body?
No. The formulas are designed with ingredients to support hair growth on your head and nowhere else.
Do I need to take Nutrafol's supplement with food?
Yes. Some of the ingredients are fat-soluble vitamins, meaning they are better absorbed when taken with a healthy fat source. You can take your supplement with a meal, a spoonful of nut butter, or a slice of avocado.
Nutrafol offers a targeted approach to getting to the underlying cause of your hair loss with the added guidance of naturopath doctors, wellness boosters, and scalp support.
Several clinical trials back Nutrafol’s supplements, although the brand’s parent company sponsored the studies.
In addition to addressing your diet and living a healthy lifestyle, Nutrafol may be an appropriate option for improving your hair health and growth.
While Nutrafol promises to improve hair growth within six months, you may need to take several pills daily for sustained results.
This is an important consideration when deciding if this is your best option.
Nutrafol may not be for everyone, so be sure to speak to your doctor before starting any new supplement.
At WellnessVerge, we only use reputable sources, including peer-reviewed medical journals and well-respected academic institutions.
- Genetic prediction of male pattern baldness - PMC:
- Female pattern hair loss: Current treatment concepts – ResearchGate:
- Systemic causes of hair loss – Taylor & Francis Online:
- A Six-Month, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of a Nutraceutical Supplement for Promoting Hair Growth in Women With Self-Perceived Thinning Hair - JDDonline - Journal of Drugs in Dermatology:
- ASDS Abstract and E-Poster_Menopausal Women_9 Month Prospective Study.pdf | PDF Host:
- A Prospective Six-month Single-blind Study Evaluating Changes in Hair Growth and Quality Using a Nutraceutical Supplement in Men and Women of Diverse Ethnicities – JCAD | The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology:
- Stress in America™ 2020: A National Mental Health Crisis:
- Stress and the Hair Growth Cycle: Cortisol-Induced Hair Growth Disruption - PubMed:
- Hair Growth – ScienceDirect:
- Effects of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) on Stress and the Stress- Related Neuropsychiatric Disorders Anxiety, Depression, and Insomnia | Bentham Science:
- Impact of stress on female reproductive health disorders: Possible beneficial effects of shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) – ScienceDirect:
- The Relationship Between Dose of Vitamin E and Suppression of Oxidative Stress in Humans - PMC:
- The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Hair Loss: A Review | SpringerLink:
- Omega-3 supplementation and stress reactivity of cellular aging biomarkers: an ancillary substudy of a randomized, controlled trial in midlife adults | Molecular Psychiatry:
- Assessment of the usefulness of dihydrotestosterone in the diagnostics of patients with androgenetic alopecia - PMC:
- Natural Hair Supplement: Friend or Foe? Saw Palmetto, a Systematic Review in Alopecia - PubMed:
- The histological and histometrical effects of Urtica dioica extract on rat’s prostate hyperplasia - PMC:
- Nutritional management of surgically induced menopause: A case report - PubMed:
- Hormone-Balancing Effect of Pre-Gelatinized Organic Maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacon): (III) Clinical responses of early-postmenopausal women to Maca in double blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled, crossover configuration, outpatient study - PMC:
- Oxidative Stress: Harms and Benefits for Human Health - PMC:
- The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Hair Loss: A Review - PMC:
- Antioxidant Potential of Curcumin—A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials - PMC:
- Antioxidant Activity Modulated by Polyphenol Contents in Apple and Leaves during Fruit Development and Ripening - PubMed:
- Association of Androgenetic Alopecia with Metabolic Syndrome: A Case–control Study on 100 Patients in a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India - PMC:
- Nutrition of women with hair loss problem during the period of menopause - PMC:
- Minerals in edible seaweed: health benefits and food safety issues – Taylro & Francis Online:
- Iodine | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health:
- Vitamins and Minerals Involved in Energy Metabolism – Nutrition: Science and Everyday Application:
- Diet and hair loss: effects of nutrient deficiency and supplement use - PMC:
- A Dermonutrient Containing Special Collagen Peptides Improves Skin Structure and Function: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Triple-Blind Trial Using Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy on the Cosmetic Effects and Tolerance of a Drinkable Collagen Supplement - PMC:
- Oral Collagen Supplementation: A Systematic Review of Dermatological Applications - JDDonline - Journal of Drugs in Dermatology:
- Aging-associated modifications of collagen affect its degradation by matrix metalloproteinases – ScienceDirect:
- The Effects of Resveratrol on Oxidative Stress Markers: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials - PubMed:
- Oxidative stress-associated senescence in dermal papilla cells of men with androgenetic alopecia - PubMed:
- The Potential Role of Nutraceuticals as an Adjuvant in Breast Cancer Patients to Prevent Hair Loss Induced by Endocrine Therapy - PMC:
- Effects of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) on Stress and the Stress- Related Neuropsychiatric Disorders Anxiety, Depression, and Insomnia - PubMed:
- Effects of Tocotrienol Supplementation on Hair Growth in Human Volunteers - PMC:
- Proprietary Herbal Extract Downregulates the Gene Expression of IL-1α in HaCaT Cells: Possible Implications Against Nonscarring Alopecia - PMC:
- Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial - PMC:
- Impact of stress on female reproductive health disorders: Possible beneficial effects of shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) - PubMed:
- Do Kimchi and Cheonggukjang Probiotics as a Functional Food Improve Androgenetic Alopecia? A Clinical Pilot Study - PMC:
- Viviscal dietary supplements are supported by clinical studies:
- Minoxidil and its use in hair disorders: a review - PMC: