- M.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, Loma Linda University
- B.S. Mass Communication and Media Studies, University of Southern California
Credentials and Certifications
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition, Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Owner, Erika Thiede RD, women’s hormone specialist
- Distinguished Alumni Award, 2022, Loma Linda University
- NFL Combine, Dietitian Consultant
- National Eating Disorder Association, Legislative Advocacy
- Grant writing consultant, awarded $950k worth of grant funds to date
- Nutrition Educator, Chapman University, University of Southern California, Fullerton College, San Bernardino College, and Mater Dei High School
“Your health and wellness should not feel overwhelmingly restrictive. It’s not about labeling foods as “good” or “bad”. It’s about enjoying food and understanding it in a way that allows you to make informed decisions. Knowledge is power.”
Erika Thiede is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with 10 years of experience in the field of nutrition.
She graduated from USC in 2012 with a degree in mass communications and media studies.
While at USC, Erika worked alongside the head sports dietitian, allowing her to realize her true passion was in the field of nutrition and dietetics. Erika completed her master’s degree at Loma Linda University and became a registered dietitian in 2015.
Erika began her career as a dietitian manager for Alvord Unified school district. She managed the nutrition education content for the students and community and supervised a team of 150.
She was also responsible for the procurement of grant funds. Erika brought in over $650k worth of funds in her 3 years of work.
Alongside serving the Alvord community, Erika continued her work in the field of sports nutrition. In 2016, she created the first of its kind sports nutrition program at Mater Dei High School.
This opened the door to multiple training facilities and eventually the NFL Combine. In order to better serve her athletes, Erika completed training to obtain a certification in sports dietetics.
Erika has helped numerous athletes prepare for some of the biggest moments in their lives.
In her journey to becoming a mother, Erika gained a profound appreciation for the impact of nutrition on women’s hormone health. In order to deepen her understanding, she completed coursework and became certified in integrative and functional nutrition.
Erika is now the owner of a private practice focusing on women’s hormone health and fertility treatment support.
Erika and her family are located in Orange County, California. She and her husband were blessed with a baby boy in 2019.
In her free time, you can find her chasing her toddler at the beach, enjoying family hikes, or hosting gatherings with family and friends.