- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from California State University, Long Beach
- Completed her dietetic internship with Utah State University
- Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management by the CDR
- Certificate of Training in Integrative and Functional Nutrition by the CDR
- Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT) by Oxford Biomedical technologies
“There is no greater path to health than by nourishing both the body and mind. Health is more than just the foods you put in your body, but also how you relate to food, how you think, sleep, and the products you use. Every action taken towards better health counts, and adds up to the bigger, more important picture of good health.”
Joanna has been practicing as a Registered Dietitian for 8 years. She has worked in a variety of settings. Her career began in a hospital setting where she worked as a clinical inpatient dietitian, supporting the care and healing of acutely ill patients.
She then worked in an outpatient setting for 4 years and assisted the care of patients on dialysis. Meanwhile, she became passionate about starting her own private nutrition consulting practice, and became the owner of Joanna Foley Nutrition.
She is passionate about helping others use the power of nutrition to transform their health, and also to develop a healthy relationship with food.
Currently, Joanna works as an expert health writer for a variety of media outlets, and she is also the author of 2 cookbooks. She lives in San Diego, CA with her husband and young daughter and enjoys being outdoors, cooking, and being active.