Best Vitamin D Supplements of 2023, According to a Dietitian
- Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Master of Public Health (MPH)
- University of Michigan Health System, Registered Dietitian (RD), Dietetic Internship
- Colorado State University, Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Food Science and Human Nutrition - Dietetics
- Clinical Dietitian, Michigan Medicine
- Staff Dietitian, Center for Eating Disorders
- Certification Project Manager, Dietary Supplements, NSF International
- Standards Development Liaison, NSF International
- Field Educator, Educated Choices Program
- Writer, featured on numerous health and nutrition platforms such as Food Revolution Network, Healthline, Today’s Dietitian, and Forks Over Knives
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
“Adopting a primarily plant-based diet is among the best things you can do for personal and public health, the planet, and the animals. Eat more whole plant foods and you’ll find yourself spending significantly less time worrying about conflicting nutrition messages and the ‘right’ way to eat to feel your best. The plant-based lifestyle quickly speaks for itself, loud and clear.”
Lauren Panoff, MPH, RD is a registered dietitian nutritionist, writer, and speaker with over a decade of experience in health and wellness.
Lauren began her career in dietetics as a clinical dietitian at the University of Michigan Health System. Here, she provided nutrition education and medical nutrition therapy to a wide variety of patient populations, ranging from outpatient to surgical and intensive care.
She then moved on to become a staff dietitian at the Center for Eating Disorders in Ann Arbor, providing outpatient eating disorder counseling.
Following her clinical work, Lauren shifted her focus and completed her Master of Public Health degree at Michigan State University with a focus on the environmental health impacts of the standard American diet.
From here, she worked for a third-party product testing, inspection, and certification organization in Michigan.
Her roles included project management for dietary supplement testing and certification, as well as public health standards development.
Lauren has always loved to write and decided to pursue it professionally soon after becoming a mom. She now works primarily in content marketing and copywriting for a growing number of health, wellness, and plant-based brands.
She is especially passionate when teaching others about the relationship between personal food choices and the larger world around us, in terms of public health, the environment, and animals.
Lauren brings a diverse background in nutrition science, consumer safety, and environmental health to her work, as well as a compassionate, open-minded, and realistic approach for readers and clients.
When she’s not working, Lauren spends her time being active, cooking, and doing creative projects with her kids.