- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics, Louisiana Tech University
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition, The University of Southern Mississippi
Credentials and Licensure
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist, State of Arkansas
- Freelance health writer for several high-profile media outlets, including Healthline, Greatist, Mashable, Livestrong, and Verywell Health
- Renal Dietitian, Fresenius Medical Care
- Senior Nutritionist, Mississippi Department of Public Health
- Research Dietitian, The University of Southern Mississippi
“Healthy eating looks a little bit different for everyone, but we can all agree on minimizing processed foods and added sugars and focusing on real, whole food.”
SaVanna became a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in 2013, while completing her Master of Science degree at The University of Southern Mississippi.
She spent several years working in various dietetic roles and settings, including research, public health, dialysis, and acute care.
In 2019, she launched a health writing business, which she was able to pursue full time starting in August of 2020. Since launching, she has written for several different brands and media outlets, including Healthline, Greatist, Toggl, iHerb, Livestrong, Mashable, Verywell Health, and Carb Manager.
SaVanna lives in Arkansas with her husband and two children. When she’s not writing, she’s busy gardening, cooking, or spending time with her family.