- University of Delaware, Bachelor of Science, Dietetics/Dietitian
- Wilmington University, Master of Education, Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Holistic Health
- Registered Dietitian by Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist by the State of Delaware (LDN)
- Integrative Nutrition Health Coach by Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN)
- Writer and recipe developer for various health, wellness, and cooking websites including The Spruce Eats and Simply Recipes
- Dietetic Internship, University of Delaware
- Clinical Dietitian, Sodexo
- Outpatient Dietitian, Christiana Care Health System
- Educator/Counselor, Brandywine School District
“Besides fuel, food offers us tradition, celebration, comfort, and nourishment. A healthy relationship with food begins in the kitchen. Learning to cook is one of the best and healthiest gifts you can give to yourself and loved ones.”
Sharon Lehman, RDN is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and writer with over 10 years of experience in the health and wellness industry.
She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics and completed her dietetic internship at the University of Delaware.
She also earned a Master of Education degree from Wilmington University with a concentration in elementary and secondary school-based counseling.
Sharon began her dietetics career as a clinical dietitian in acute and long-term healthcare settings. She went on to provide individual and group nutrition counseling and education in women’s health at Christiana Care Health System.
There, she focused on helping prenatal and postpartum women meet their unique dietary needs during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
From there, she spent several years providing social, emotional, and academic counseling to elementary school children. Naturally, she fit in kid-focused lessons on nutrition and health whenever she could!
In 2016, she won a scholarship contest to study with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. There, she studied holistic health and health coaching and earned certification as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach.
Sharon has always enjoyed the creative process and soon transitioned to a career in health writing and content creation.
She now works as a freelance writer, specializing in evidence-based health and nutrition articles, as well as researching, testing, and reviewing health, wellness, and cooking products to help consumers make the best buying choices to support a healthy lifestyle.
She also develops and photographs original recipes and, when time allows, posts original recipes on her blog Heart and Stove. Sharon believes recipes are one of the most helpful teaching tools she can provide to others.
When she’s not writing, cooking, or taking pictures, Sharon spends her free time enjoying life as a first time mom, being outdoors, and reading.