Florastor Probiotic Review: A Dietitian’s Comprehensive Take
- Masters of Science in Clinical Nutrition, Central Michigan University 2010
- BA in Psychology & Women Studies, University of California
- Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist by Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Published author of three books, “The Lupos Cookbook”, “21-Day Arthritis Diet Plan” and “The Anti-inflammatory Diet One Pot Cookbook”
- Featured in dozens of online and print publications including Today’s Dietitian, Healthline, and Livestrong
- Taught undergraduate nutrition courses as an adjunct professor at California State University, Long Beach
“Food is meant to nourish your body and soul. It should be nutritious, but we can’t forget it should also be delicious. A healthy diet can encompass nearly all foods, as long as you learn to put them into balance for your ideal health.”
Ana Reisdorf is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with 14-years of experience in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
She graduated from UCLA in 2002 with a degree in psychology and women’s studies. After a variety of work experience in her 20’s, she decided that health and nutrition was her true passion and a career she wanted to pursue. She completed her dietetic internship at California State University, Long Beach, and became a registered dietitian in 2007.
Ana began her career as a health educator at Kaiser Permanente, helping educate patients on a variety of nutrition-related conditions. Through this experience, she gained a deep understanding of the psychological, social, and environmental aspects of how we choose to eat.
In order to deepen her understanding of the clinical aspects of nutrition, Ana completed her master’s degree from Central Michigan University in 2010. Her master’s degree thesis was about the psychological aspects of success after bariatric surgery, which allowed her to combine her interests in psychology and nutrition.
Upon completion of this degree, she began working as a clinical dietitian in the inpatient setting and in long-term care. Through this work, she developed a functional knowledge of medical nutrition therapy and the role of nutrition in improving patient outcomes in the hospital setting.
In 2014, Ana began teaching nutrition at her alma mater California State University, Long Beach. It was also at this time that she started to explore health writing as a way to inform a wider audience about the power of nutrition.
Ana and her family relocated from California to Nashville, TN in 2018. Although she had already been working part-time as a professional writer for several years, she decided it was time to pursue content writing full time.
She is now the owner of a health and wellness content agency made up entirely of registered dietitian writers.