5 Best Calorie-Counting Apps of 2023, According to Dietitians
- Saint Joseph College, Master's Degree in Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies, General
- University of Connecticut, Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist by Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist by State of Connecticut (CDN)
- Certified in Adult Weight Management by CDR
- Registered Dietitian at Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year, Connecticut Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Featured in Well+Good, Verywell Health, Livestrong, Women’s Health, and the Huffington Post
- Connecticut Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
Melissa’s motto is all about focusing on creating healthier habits one day at a time. She recommends putting your efforts into what to eat more of rather than what to restrict, and engaging in exercise you truly enjoy. She preaches progress over perfection, as it’s what you’re doing most of the time that counts.
Melissa Mitri, MS, RD, is a registered dietitian nutritionist, weight loss specialist, and expert health writer with over 15 years of experience in the health and wellness industry.
Melissa has worked in a variety of healthcare settings where she helps clients improve their diet through an individualized approach.
She is also the President for the Connecticut Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, an affiliate of the National Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - the nation’s leading non-profit association of food and nutrition professionals.
With both her master’s level degree in nutrition and over a decade of field experience, Melissa has cultivated solid expertise in the areas of natural medicine and supplement use.
She currently works in her own private practice and as an expert health writer. Melissa’s particular areas of specialty are in weight management, mindful eating, and women’s health nutrition.
As a nutrition professional who runs an evidence-based practice, Melissa uses the latest scientific research to guide nutrition recommendations for her clients and in her writing.
She is always staying current on the research in order to properly advise consumers.
Melissa understands the process of choosing a diet program or a supplement is not easy.
It can feel incredibly overwhelming not knowing what the best choice is among all the different options on the market.
Melissa utilizes her educational knowledge and experience to translate complicated scientific research in an easy-to-understand manner.
With every supplement review, Melissa conducts a thorough analysis of the available research in order to deliver a trusted and objective recommendation.
Melissa has the proven knowledge and authority to help guide consumer supplement decisions, so you can make the most informed choice for your health and well-being.